Thank you for your interest in working at Tasty African Food. We are not only about great food but we are a great bunch of people too. Working for us introduces you to a whole new family – filled with hard working, ambitious and exciting people that you will look forward to seeing every day.
We update this page with vacancies as soon as they become available. However, you can apply speculatively using the “Apply Online Now” button below and we will contact you as soon as there is an opening in your area of interest.
Customer Service Assistants
Position: Customer Service Assistants
Location: All Branches
Date Posted: 05/09/2019
Closing Date: Ongoing
We are currently recruiting Customer Service Assistant across our branches. Select the button below to apply online now.
Remember to select the position applied for and your preferred branch when completing the application form. For more information please call 02083100844.
• Maintain a fast speed of service, especially during peak times.
• Take orders from customers and input their selections into the till.
• Assist with the setting up of the service counter and dishing food into the Bain Marie
• Check catering orders at the beginning of the shift.
• Ensure catering orders are delivered appropriately.
• UberEATS:- Getting the orders, warming and prepping the food and removing food from menu
• Light cooking and meal preparation – e.g frying puff puff / making and wrapping pounded yam,
Eba and Amala.
• Replenishing the food in the Bain Marie.
• Perform cleaning tasks as directed by the manager or supervisor: wash crockery, cutlery,
cooking and serving utensils and kitchen equipment, clean floors, walls and surfaces in the
kitchen and dining area.
• Follow all restaurant safety and security procedures (opening and closing checks).
• Arrive on time for all shifts and stay until shift completion.
• Respond to customer queries, concerns and complaints and make sure they leave satisfied and
make reports to the manager at the end of the shift.
• Attend regular training at the Head Office (located in Belvedere).
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
• Comply to food and health and safety regulation.
• Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team.
• Adaptable to pressure, responsible, organized and hardworking.
• Friendly, courteous and enthusiastic.
• Clear communication skills.
• Customer service experience.
• Previous experience of working in a restaurant.
• Cash handling experience.
• Knowledge of African dishes.
• Proficient in English language.
It is the policy of Tasty African Restaurant to provide equal opportunities for all em-ployees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Quality Assurance / Food Safety Officer
Position: Quality Assurance / Food Safety Officer
Location: Head Office (Thamesmead, Kent)
Date Posted: 29/10/2019
The successful Quality Assurance / Food Safety Officer will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the food and improving the health and safety in the workplace. The successful candidate will create an effective health and safety policy and ensure legislative compliance.
• Develop and implement a safety policy.
• Deliver health and safety training to managers and workers in the factory – maintain company
• Daily walk rounds to monitor food health and safety standards are being met by individuals.
• To investigate health and safety complaints that occur internally and externally
• Actively ensure that controls are embedded and in place.
• Support production quality and raise non-conformance for any components that do not meet
specification in accordance to agreed standards.
• Report writing and keeping up to date with changes in the law.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A keen eye for detail
• Strong communication skills
• Can do attitude
• Must be a team player but also able to work autonomously
• Excellent leadership skills
• Good IT skills – experience of working with Excel and other Microsoft packages – Advantageous
• HACCP and Food Safety qualification – Advantageous (but training will be provided)
• Free lunch allowance whilst on shift
• Employee discount on large food orders
• Working in brand new Distribution Centre with state of the art facilities
• External and Internal training
• End of year performance based incentive
• Pension scheme with employer contribution
• 29 days annual leave per year
Are you interested? Apply now! Send your CV and a short cover letter as to why we should hire you to email@example.com, put Health and Safety Officer in the email subject.
Location: Head Office (Thamesmead, Kent)
Date Posted: 29/10/2019
We are looking for a Receptionist to be responsible for greeting clients and visitors to our office. You will be in charge of giving clients directions to various parts of the office, contacting the relevant employees regarding visitors, answering phones and taking messages, and sorting and distributing mail. To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Prior experience as a receptionist is desirable but not essential.
• Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude. Announcing clients as necessary.
• Assisting clients in finding their way around the office.
• Helping maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary and
maintaining visitor logs.
• Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes and
making travel plans.
• Preparing meeting and training rooms.
• Answering phones in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary.
• Assisting colleagues with administrative tasks. Performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
• Answering, forwarding, and screening phone calls. Scheduling appointments.
• Sorting and distributing mail. Provide excellent customer service.
• Consistent, professional dress and manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good time management skills.
• Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
• Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.
Are you interested? Apply now? Send your CV and a short cover letter as to why we should hire you to firstname.lastname@example.org, put Receptionist Role in the email subject.